Privacy and Data Collection and Usage Policy
Collection of Personal Information
Personal Information relating to another person
When making a reservation with us on behalf of your travel companion or another person, we will request for the Personal Information of that individual. Before providing their Personal Information to us, consent of such other individuals should be obtained from the relevant individual. Any request to view or change their Personal Information provided in relation to the reservation which you have made can only be made through you or your account with us.
How your Personal Information are being used:
The Company will use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
1. in providing you with the products and services you have requested
2. in administering our website and business
3. in providing you with the travel confirmation and updates through, but not limited to, emails/sms/calls
4. in managing your account, including processing bills and providing travel notifications
5. in completing payment to 3rd party vendors for the bookings which you have made with us
6. in communicating with you in general
7. in responding to your questions and comments
8. in allowing us to contact you for customer service, if necessary
9. in measuring interest in and improving our products, services and website
10. in notifying you about promotions and travel-related products and services that may be of interest to you
11. in customising your experience on our website
12. in rewarding you as part of any reward and recognition programmes and/or competitions organised by our company you choose to join
13. in resolving disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems
14. in preventing potentially prohibited or illegal activities
15. in enforcing our Terms and Conditions when you make a travel booking with us
16. as otherwise notified to you at the point of collection
Credit Card Information
We use your credit card information for the purpose of completing the travel bookings which you made with us.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities with us. One way we do this is by sending marketing messages to you through email, sms, fax or post that contain information about your travel-related interests and travel-related special offers which are available with us. Please note that you can withdraw your consent for us to send marketing messages to you.
Who do we share your Personal Information with:
We may share your Personal Information with the following 3rd parties, some of whom are located overseas, and as a result, may require us to transfer your Personal Information overseas:
a. We may share your Personal Information to any of our employees and overseas tour operators insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
b. 3rd party suppliers such as hotels, airlines, cruises and service providers, who fulfil your travel reservations with us. Please note that these 3rd party suppliers may contact you as and when necessary to obtain additional information about you in order to facilitate the travel reservation which you have made through us.
c. 3rd party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys and/or contest programmes and fraud detection and prevention. We may also authorise 3rd party vendors to collect Personal Information on our behalf, including such as necessary to operate features of our Platforms or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. 3rd party vendors have access to and may collect Personal Information only as needed to perform their functions and are strictly not permitted to share or use the Personal Information for any other purposes.
d. Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. If you choose to receive information about these products or services, we may share information about you, including your Personal Information, with those 3rd party partners so that they can contact you directly by email or post about their products and services.
e. We will only disclose your Personal Information with your consent (whether implied or expressively) and will take reasonable steps to ensure that the 3rd parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information and are also legally bound to protect the privacy of your Personal Information.
f. We may also disclose your Personal Information:
i. Where disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, governmental or other regulation or the requirements, orders, directions, instructions or notices of any regulatory authority or legal processes.
ii. When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights and property of the Company
iii. Where disclosure is needed for any emergency purposes whether locally or abroad.
Our marketing messages aim to update you about our exclusive offers, rewards programme and special deals.
If you wish to opt out, please write to us at email@example.com